Today is Saturday, December 7, 2019
American Revolutionary War History
- John Paul Jones received a commission as a first lieutenant in the Continental Navy.
- John Barry was appointed a Captain of the Continental Navy.
- Salis Deane, secret Congressional emissary to France, wrote to the U.S. Congress to ask that they ratify the commission of major general that he had promised Lafayette.
- Patriots fired arrows over the city walls of Quebec City. The arrows had notes attached that demanded the surrender of Sir Guy Carleton.
- British General William Howe engage American forces on Edge Hill in Pennsylvania. American General Daniel Morgan retreated after an attack by General Charles Cornwallis' regiment.
- Delaware became the first state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
Revolutionary War Quotes
Like this topic here!
|"The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."|
Tomorrow in American Revolutionary War History .