Tuesday, November 28, 2023
- The Beatles' fifth single "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was released in Britain. The U.S. release followed on December 26.
- John Lennon was convicted of possession of cannabis and fined $360 in London. Yoko Ono, who was arrested with Lennon on October 18, was cleared of charges.
- George Harrison died at the age of 58. He had been undergoing treatments for cancer.
- Paul McCartney's CD single "Jenny Wren" was released. It contained the songs "Jenny Wren", "I Want You To Fly", "This Loving Game" and "Summer of 59". A single for "Jenny Wren" had been released on November 22 with only the first two tracks.
- George Harrison's limited edition vinyl box set "All Things Must Pass" was released in the U.K.
|"John was in constant need of proof of love and security and he was constantly testing people for that proof." |
- Cynthia Lennon
Like this topic here!
(Click here for today in Beatles History.)