Saturday, December 3, 2022
- In London, England, a high-pressure system settle over London trapping pollution near the ground. About 4,000 people died in the "Great Smog" mostly from respiratory and cardiac arrest. (December 4-7)
- In St. Johns, England, 92 people died and 187 were injured when a two commuter trains crashed into each other in fog.
- In Maskeliya, Sri Lanka, 191 people were killed when a Martinair Holland NV flight crashed into high ground while on approach.
- In Straits of Johore, near Kampung Ladang, Malaysia, 100 people were killed when a Malaysia Airlines flight crashed into a swamp after hijackers shot both pilots.
- In Perm, Russia, more than 100 people were killed and 130 were injured after an explosion in the Lame Horse nightclub. The blast was caused by an explosion of fireworks during a stage show.
(Click here for today in Disasters History.)