Friday, August 12, 2022
Ronald Reagan History
- President Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 and the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981. The bills cut taxes by $37.7 billion in 1982 and $280.3 billion the following three years.
- President Reagan and the Presidential Party watched the movie "An Officer and A Gentleman."
- In El Paso, TX, President Reagan addressed the National Convention of the American GI Forum of the U.S.
- President Reagan and the First Lady were made honorary members of the U.S. Olympic team and presented Olympic blazers.
- President Reagan presented a Steuben glass eagle to nine U.S. Olympic Medalists for the future U.S. Olympics Halls of Fame.
- President Reagan met with Mexican President Miguel De La Madrid Hurtado.
- In Nebraska, President Reagan was presented with a bronze sculpture of Buffalo Bill Cody on horseback. Later in the day Reagan visited the Buffalo Bill Wild West Arena and gave a speech.
Ronald Reagan Quotes
|Our government has no power except that granted it by the people.|
- President Reagan, January 20, 1981
Like this topic here!
(Click here for today in Ronald Reagan History.)