Tuesday, November 28, 2023
- Samuel Whiting was granted six blank commissions of marque to outfit privateers at New Orleans. He later published several newspapers in Texas during the period of the republic.
- Jesse Hord entered Texas at Gaines Ferry. He preached his first sermon at San Augustine the next day. He is considered the founder of Methodism in Texas.
- Highland Park in Dallas voted to incorporate after being refused permission to annex from the city. The incorporation officially took place in 1915.
- The Elisabet Ney Museum in Austin was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Prince's "Lovesexy" tour of the U.S. ended in Dallas, TX. Along the tour Prince had consistently given a speech after the song "Anna Stesia." The Dallas show featured the longest speech of the tour.
- The TCU Board of Trustees unanimously approved an invitation to join the Big East Conference in all sports beginning with the 2012-13 academic year.
|Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas without eating a chicken-fried steak.|
- Larry McMurtry
Like this topic here!
(Click here for today in Texas History.)