Today is Thursday, June 1, 2023
- The New York Giants beat the Philadelphia Phillies 22-8. The Giants scored in every inning of the game.<!st>
- Lou Gehrig began a streak of playing in 2,130 consecutive baseball games. The streak ended on May 2, 1939.<!a,st,y2000>
- Baseball helmets were worn for the first time.
- Mel Ott hit the 400th home run of his career. He also drove in his 1,500th career run.<!st>
- Nolan Ryan pitched his fourth career no-hitter in his 100th career victory.
- Steve Garvey hit the 7,000th home run for the Dodgers.<!st>
- <!ows> The Los Angeles Kings beat the Chicago Blackhawks to advance to the Stanley Cup Final. It was the first time in NHL history that a team won a series in Game 7 on the road for the third consecutive series.
|If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat. |
- Herschel Walker
<!end of history and quote section>